View Single Post
Old 08-03-2005, 06:45   #10
Acrylic-bob
God Member

Re: Election Quandry.

I'm with entwisis on this one, It would indeed be interesting to see how many votes a candidate called "None of the Above" would poll. Anyone got a couple of grand spare to sponsor me with?

Seriously though, If you are disillusioned with the available choices, there is always the option of writing the word "ABSTAIN" across your ballot paper. It would have to be recorded as a spoiled ballot. Imagine the shock to our political masters should the number of spoiled ballots exceed the number of ballots properly cast.

As wayneyboy says, People died to earn us the right to vote, it would seem churlish and ungrateful, not to exercise that right.

Given that the election has yet to be called and the election campaigns have yet to begin in ernest, and considering what has been said so far, I think that we are about to be treated to one of the most vicious mud slinging fests that we have seen for quite some time.

A thing to remember through all the performance and hoo ha to come is that we are being asked to select one person to represent us in Parliament. Will it be Greg Pope, who, by his own admission, cannot work out a train timetable and appears more concerned about the welfare of goldfish than anything else, or will it be someone else. We should be considering which of the prospective candidates can best put forward the case for the borough in the new Parliament.