View Single Post
Old 28-03-2021, 15:38   #119
yonmon
Senior Member+

Re: Peterborough away thread.

As usual I have been ruminating around yesterday’s game, and one thing kept returning to my thoughts, that being the demeanour of every Stanley player shown throughout the game.
From the word go it was obvious that collectively they were exhibiting quite clearly that they were suffering from pressures that were not only affecting the skills needed to match a superior foe, but also preventing the creating of a team spirit to achieve that end !.
So was the teams way under par performance due to the players having to shoulder this extra pressure placed upon them by the absence of injured team mates, I rather think so !.
It is true to say ,I am reliably informed, that if there is one immotivating element to be found in a demanding situation, then this is the presence of unrecognized pressures to deal with it !.
Therefore friends, instead of creating our own interpersonal pressures via unnecessary, and at times difficult to understand posts and replies, let’s show some understanding for yesterday’s team, who appeared to some as unfit for purpose but had the aforementioned pressures placed on their shoulders.

Gosh !.. this is turning into one of my protracted Novels / Sermons (?).
so back to my G and T and Cricket !..
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote