View Single Post
Old 06-06-2021, 01:49   #2
dotti34

Re: Embarrassing Moments

An embarrassing moment many years ago when I was about 18 has come to mind. The man I was secretary to was in a meeting with some very important business men. I needed to get some correspondence we had received from Paris and the filing cabinet was in the room where the meeting was being held. I opened the door and asked if I could go to the cabinet for a moment as I needed to deal with something that couldn’t wait, my boss said I could and asked me what I was after. All the men were looking my way, waiting for my reply. I said ‘a French letter’. There were a number of suppressed laughs and some Smart Alec remarked that this office was far more interesting than his. My face was bright red as I realised what I had said. My boss simply said (suppressing a laugh also) ‘oh, that girl!’.

Which is probably not as bad as an embarrassing experience he had when there was a phone call for him. The girl who took the call was told he was in the ‘loo. With that she promptly put the caller on hold, went into the men’s toilet, there he was standing at the urinal doing what comes naturally at such a place, she tapped him on the shoulder and when he turned round she said ‘there’s a phone call for you’….. I will not repeat what he (apparently) said.
dotti34 is offline   Reply With Quote