Thread: The Olympics
View Single Post
Old 19-06-2021, 12:46   #45
Margaret Pilkington
Beacon of light

Re: The Olympics

Guinness, I know there have been female sports presenters.....and I get that.
Billie Jean King was eminently suitable for commentating on tennis...she was a great player(or so I am told....I do not do any kind of sport)....Sue Barker too, actually played the game and you knew what her credentials were.
Claire Balding...not sure how she became a commentator on horse racing, but it did not seem at all ‘out of the ordinary’.
Gabby Logan grew up with a footballing father so her exposure to the game was from a young age so she is an honorary Male.

The question I asked was really to do with football.
There seem to be more and more women pundits, commentators, reporters from games.....when it used to be men doing these reports.
Now, I do not watch football....but I know many of the Premier League clubs have women’s teams.....surely, not all of these women have played football....so where do they get their credence from.....and do you men who are avid fans, take them seriously...or do you feel it is just another bit of wokeness....to get women into these posts to tick the equality box?

For the women supporters out there who love the game, I apologise if you consider this a sexist point of view.

Last edited by Margaret Pilkington; 19-06-2021 at 12:56.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote