Thread: Wine snobbery
View Single Post
Old 20-06-2021, 08:50   #9
Margaret Pilkington
Beacon of light

Re: Wine snobbery

Less that is a lovely picture....and I really liked the story that goes with it.
Now onto Wine Snobbery.
We only ever had wine in our house at Christmas.
The children in the family got what was termed a ‘damp glass’....this was a small amount of wine topped up with water.
We Never asked what sort of wine it was...some of us drank it....some of us asked for squash instead....and one rascally boy tipped his into the guts of the piano(mother wondered why the keys were sticking)

For myself, I have no love of red wine...it is, in my world, only suitable for cooking with...and then not so much.
I can drink some white wines....but they have to be sweet....a Moscato, or there was a lovely German sweet wine that Wetherspoons sold...that was alright too.

I do not know who come up with the descriptions of the posh wines, but I think in the main, they are phooey.....and phoney too.
If someone tells you that a wine tastes of something and you believe them...then that is what you will taste.
That said.....I could not care less about their opinions....if I am having a glass of something, it has to be because it is what I like...rather than some written codswallop that is meant to make those who can taste those things feel superior.
Wine is about enjoyment, celebration...not snobbery.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote