Thread: Wine snobbery
View Single Post
Old 21-06-2021, 03:43   #22
dotti34

Re: Wine snobbery

Guinness I was reading again the first post you wrote when starting this thread and I have a question for you. Why do you belong to a wine club when you evidently don’t have much respect for the opinions of those running it? It would be so much easier to just visit your local bottle shop and buy what you enjoy drinking. You could even buy wine that you are not familiar with and give it a try without waiting for someone else to do this for you. You say you are a tightwad, well it seems to me that you are actually wasting money by being a member of that club.

If you are really interested in wine, why not buy a couple of books about the subject and educate yourself on the making of wine right from the preparation of the soil the grapes grow in to the end result. You would learn why the different blends, the different flavours, which grapes are used for the different wines, and perhaps it would help you understand why the different prices (although I agree that some are very much overpriced to my way of thinking). There is so much that goes into producing the bottle that eventually lands on your table, I think you might find it very interesting.

I wonder if by telling us that you belong to a wine club, and then belittling the choice of wine (drain cleaner?) and the description made by whoever runs the club, might in fact be a wee bit of snobbery on your part.

Last edited by dotti34; 21-06-2021 at 03:50.
dotti34 is offline   Reply With Quote