Thread: Corona Virus
View Single Post
Old 01-08-2021, 01:35   #2084
dotti34

Re: Corona Virus

Cashie, you imply that someone who has not had the vaccine is an idiot. Well, let me first of all say, irrespective of the fact that at my age I do not have as many brain cells left as I used to have – but then none of us do, and I might not be the brightest kid on the block compared to some, I do not consider myself to be an idiot.

I will also point out that I am certainly not against vaccinations, as long as the vaccine that is being jabbed into me has been well and truly tested. I have the flu jab every year, and I had the whooping cough vaccine when my great-granddaughter was born. Needles don’t bother me, I have regular blood tests, and at one time I was a blood donor.

Having got all that out of the way I have to say that the AstraZeneca vaccine especially is a great source of worry to me and I hesitate to roll up my sleeve for it, do not want to do so. Maybe it is a drawback that I am a person who thinks about things carefully, that I consider every aspect, maybe my problem is I think too much.

I know from what you have written in the past, Cashie, that you feel safe now that you are vaccinated and you have implied that you are not concerned about other people. I am. I am concerned for the important people in my life. I am concerned about any long-term effects in years to come, not so much for me – I will probably have been turned into ashes and thrown to the wind by then, but I am concerned for all the young people. No-one knows (not even the smartest amongst us) of any possible long-term effects.

By the very way that messages from those in charge are so mixed and change by the week, if not by the day, gives me no confidence whatsoever. Eventually I will probably have the jab – but this will be because I want to be free to go where I like and if by having it means I can (although I think it is a form of blackmail to threaten that we have to have a vaccination passport, should it come to that) then so be it. It doesn't mean that I would have done this willingly.

One last message to you, Cashie. Don’t become complacent because you have been jabbed – you could still get the virus, although I hope you don’t (I know, you won’t get it as bad, or so they say – really!) and you can still definitely be contagious. To coin one of your sayings – simple as.
dotti34 is offline   Reply With Quote