Thread: Season ahead??
View Single Post
Old 02-08-2021, 15:17   #9
choirboy
Senior Member+

Re: Season ahead??

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyd View Post
That choirboy is close to most fans starting 11 just one concern about 2 attack minded wing backs is the defending element, Pritchard wasn't bad O, Sullivan we will have to see, Harvey Rodgers is the other option because last season he grew into the role defencivly he was excellent and he was improving going forward, good choices to have though.
I take your point to some degree andyd. My only doubt here is that O’Sullivan tends to slide in to tackles on his bum which raises his studs and referees will readily give free kicks against him! Good coaching can cure this, he needs to be taught to stay on his feet in the tackle. I really like Rogers but for me he is a much better defender than when he is going forward. Rogers would be my first choice substitute though. Sean Mac used to be a very good ‘Wing Back’ as he was very mobile, could tackle and would take on opposing full backs both inside cutting in and outside getting to the goal line. IMHO …….Since his very bad injury he hasn’t been the same player in any of these areas.
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote