View Single Post
Old 08-08-2021, 09:50   #62
andyd
God Member

Re: Wycombe away thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by StanleyJosh View Post
majority of strikers from lower leagues won't be on better money.

my point is we have had more success from signing those type of players (Bishop/Charles,Jackson etc) than players on loan from higher up (Hall,Charman,Cassidy,Baker-Richardson etc etc)

we showed glimpses of some neat one touch football and had some good link up play but that counts for nothing when you don't have a shot on goal.

possession stats don't tell the whole story, Wycombe 2-0 up and looked comfortable letting us having the ball 20 yards from our own goal. At one point we went Trafford, Nottingham, Sykes, Nottingham, Sykes, Trafford, Sykes, Butcher, Trafford, Nottingham, Sykes. At 2-0 down.
So we are back to what was first said errors in defence leads to 2-0 for a side like Wycombe who are excellent at seeing a game out it puts you in a position of trying to get back in a game leaving you vunerable to counter attacks. One plus is we managed to pull a goal back against a team that will probably be up there, score 15 minutes earlier and you're in with a chance. Cut the defencive lapses out and we are a good side especially going forward as Monkey Hanger says let's see were we are after half a dozen games. As for wages you would be surprised what some clubs at this level pay for striker,s but I do agree loaners aren't as good usually as your own player. Strong rumours going around about Cole Stockton Morecambe getting snapped up before the window closes but would we have him don't know but never particularly shone when I have seen him play.

Last edited by andyd; 08-08-2021 at 09:52.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote