Thread: Accy Places
View Single Post
Old 09-03-2005, 13:56   #85
pendy
Resting in peace

Re: Accy Places

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldlass
I just finished reading all the nostalgia threads. I am sitting here with a smile on my face, a sigh on my lips and warmth in my heart. I have not had anyone to remember with for many, many years. I recall the Empire as one of my favourite places way back when. Hmm I recall all the blackburn lads that filled the Empire back in the early sixty's. Ahh that formation dancing too, my goodness that just popped into my head. Sea Of Heartaches and Save the Last Dance for me. I wonder how many recordings of those two songs they wore out.
Ah, oldlass, what memories! - Spit mascara in that cramped Ladies, all the lads stuck firmly against the wall and the girls walking round arm in arm. And what to do with your handbag - whether to leave it in the cloakroom and stick your lipstick, comb and money down your bra (some odd-looking boobs around in those days!) or cart it round and have to dance round it.

And you always knew when it was nearly over because of Sea of Heartbreak - can still remember all the words! And those invitations to a walk(!) down Whiteash from heavy breathing youths ... not telling whether I went or not. And those frocks with all the underskirts, like looking up a hen's bottom!

Aahhh - memories!
pendy is offline   Reply With Quote