View Single Post
Old 02-09-2021, 05:58   #13
dotti34

Re: A Modern Day Take On Getting Old.

I totally agree, Margaret. I know there are lots of things I could be doing regarding technology, that’s if I bought the gadgets in the first place, but if they are of no interest to me then why bother. Even regarding my computer, if I don’t need a certain programme and I won’t be using it, why would I waste time on it. Although the other day I did find out something new to me that I might find useful.

My granddaughter was using my computer to compose a story and I heard someone talking but didn’t recognise the voice. ‘Is someone in there with you?’ I asked. ‘No’ was the reply. So I asked who was that talking. ‘It’s the computer reading the story back to me’. Now I like to think I am reasonably knowledgeable regarding computing (and I am not going to say ‘for my age’ because I dislike that phrase) but must confess that although I have had this machine for a couple of years I had no idea that this was something it could do. I had never ‘explored’ the machine’s capabilities. Not to worry, my 11-year old granddaughter has taught me how to access the voice.

Definitely lots of computer-literate children around…,,,but I wonder if they would know how to use a slide rule.
dotti34 is offline   Reply With Quote