View Single Post
Old 03-10-2021, 17:53   #28
Chimer
Senior Member+

Re: 2021/22 Prediction League; Game 11 v Ipswich Town (home)

Maxi-fest Boosts Tailenders - and Cashman

Much much happier to do my homework today

Lots of maxis (7) yesterday, on a day when a slim majority (15-12) thought we'd do it unto the snake , though only 4 of the 12 actually thought we'd lose . Given the clubs managed a 10 goal GD swing in the East Anglians' favour on Tuesday , that was a pretty optimistic set of guesses .... which thankfully came to pass .

And most of the maxis went to players towards the lower end of the table . Which meant mine only lifted me from 25th to 24th , as others around me also scored big, and got bigger rewards. DaveinGermany went from 28th to 26th, Watchdog from 27th to 25th, Mab from 24th to 21st, Choirboy from 22nd to 14=, Andy D from 17= to 8th. Leaving Cashman as the only player currently in contention at the top to cash in, leaping from 6th back onto the podium in 3rd, at pointless Taypot's expense.

The only other player in the Top Ten who thought we'd win at all was Ossy Kid, who only took 3 points but moved up from 9th to 6th as a result. And 3 points was enough for Mike A to squeeze into the elite in 10th. StanleyJosh and AccyTom18 both crashed out in spectacular style, SJ down from 7= to 13th, and AT18 from 10th to 17th.

Two of you got 4 points , thinking Stanley would score 3, and Div3North and AccyMad moved as one, from 14= to 11=, as a result. Leylandii was missing in action this week, and Stanleyhouse has picked up the Lanterne Rouge, trailing Kiwi John on countback following Kiwi's 3-pointer.

So instead of roll on Fleetwood it's a fortnight before we roll off to Cheltenham, 4 points behind us with, amazingly, a worse goal difference . Two teams not scoring many and conceding plenty - 0-0, or maybe 6-6 , I wonder?

On Stanley On!!
Attached Files
File Type: doc 211002 - 2 Oct 21.doc (74.5 KB, 14 views)