View Single Post
Old 15-10-2021, 10:17   #19
Margaret Pilkington
Beacon of light

Re: Where there's a Will...

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey hanger View Post
think a lot of this is really horses for courses. if you have something to actually leave then i agree with making a will. the other group is the ones living together who are not divorced with their previous wives and husbands still alive with kids from the previous marriages you may or may not have contact with along with those from your present relationship. this can get really nasty with some having more legal rights than others. its surprising how many come out of the woodwork if there is money around.
This kind of situation where there are very complex family issues is one where a valid Will is essential to save lots of worry keep your assets out of the hands of the legal eagles.
My Ma’s estate was very modest, but I had ten months of stress and upset because one of my brothers who does not live in this country, put all kinds of barriers in my way.
He thought he knew better than me how to handle the winding up of the estate…..me being a weak and feeble woman (and if you believe that then I am shocked) who could be bamboozled by the process.
One of these no count sons still has not been in touch to find out where and when the funeral will be….but he was hot on contacting the solicitor to find out when he would get his divi up.
So am I bitter…..you’d better believe it.

If you have nothing to leave…or if you have only one child…..then it becomes less problematic…..but it is still a good idea to have an up to date valid will.

Last edited by Margaret Pilkington; 15-10-2021 at 10:23.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote