View Single Post
Old 05-11-2021, 18:22   #1
DaveinGermany
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!
The Swedes are back.

About 40 years ago ABBA called it a day, now they are back with a new Album & an upcoming tour. Not sure what the reception has been like in UK, but over here the Germlings seem to be going loopy for it. Pretty much every radio station I hear is going on about their return & playing new tracks. Apparently the Album went on sale as of midnight yesterday. Me personally will hum along or have a quick mumble of the song (the older stuff) as it's being played but never really been mad daft for their music, Marion on the other hand was always quite keen, something to do with her "Dancing Queen" teenie days.

That said, what I have heard of the album seems typically ABBA but with a certain "Celtic" undertone. For some reason I seem to have gotten a little emotional over some of the new tracks I've heard so far (Am I going through my very own blokey Mental Pause? who knows?) .... which quite surprised me. There's even one about a failing relationship "I can be that Woman" were a hound has an integral part of the story bizzarely enough, plus there is also a sickly sweet Christmas ditty rounded out with a school choir doing the chorus. Of the 2 tracks pre released "I still have faith in you", tends to pull at my inner wussy side.

So, anybody out there got any views, opinions, couldn't care less or just want to rip the pish out of me for being a bit wussified, crack on folks I've got big slopey shoulders.