Thread: Smart Meters
View Single Post
Old 07-11-2021, 21:20   #53
dotti34

Re: Smart Meters

Been there, done that, Less, a few times. Very frustrating, listening to the same messages, same music, hanging on to the phone for ages while waiting to be answered and then no satisfaction at the end of it.

I have a further problem and that is even though I have lived over here many years I still have an accent, have never tried to change it. When the automated voice asks me to ‘say in a few words…..’ whatever I say either can’t be recognised or is interpreted incorrectly. ‘Do you mean….’ the voice says, saying something completely different to what I have said. Even after several attempts to make ‘it’ understand, the suggestions it makes are still not what I am asking about. I am then told the voice doesn’t understand my request and to phone again. Good manners though as it always says ‘thank you for calling’.

I wonder how people with really strong foreign accents get on - or is just my Lancashire one. I wish they would bring back real people, preferably without accents that I can’t understand.
dotti34 is offline   Reply With Quote