View Single Post
Old 09-11-2021, 22:15   #29
dotti34

Re: Where there's a Will...

It is definitely possible to write your own Will and save a fair bit of money but of course you have to be careful that everything is written exactly as it should be. Some years ago I wrote our Wills myself – mine and my husband’s. I studied everything I could find about such things and used the proper wording. I made sure these were witnessed correctly. Although I didn’t use a DIY form I did read these for any helpful hints. In saying this I probably would not have done them myself had they been complicated in any way, but they were straight-forward. When my husband passed away I had to show his Will at a couple of places and this passed muster, so I assumed I had done it correctly.

In my Will I had made some requests regarding certain pieces of jewellery which I wanted to go to specific members of my family in a very fair way. However, after those lowlifes had helped themselves to my ‘special’ stuff in October 2019 (I did a blog about the robbery at the time) my Will didn’t make sense, so I re-did it. Although it is straight-forward it will have to go to Probate but my oldest son and daughter are the Executors, they are intelligent people, I’m sure they will handle it well. I won’t know….and I certainly won’t care.
dotti34 is offline   Reply With Quote