View Single Post
Old 13-11-2021, 14:29   #61
Margaret Pilkington
Beacon of light

Re: Coming back, what's happened here?

[QUOTE=taddy;1259363]
Quote:
Originally Posted by dotti34 View Post
That is actually a good suggestion of Odders, Taddy. Why not start a gardening thread where members can ask your advice about when to plant, what to plant, how to care for their garden, general gardening talk, that sort of thing. Or maybe once a question is asked then others might be able to make suggestions also to answer the question. I can’t see a gardening section already on the site. I stand corrected if there is. I think it is worth a try.

Sorry Dotti and Less, the names Taddy not Titchmarsh, there is a big difference between doing what one has learnt by watching and learning from older countryside people, i.e. Gardening, Rabbiting, ferreting, fishing etc and teaching or putting across to others what is stored in the old grey matter between the ears; as the grey matter is now approaching 75 years of age it becomes increasingly harder to extract information from it, or as Mrs Taddy keeps telling me, "you are losing your memory", to which I always reply, I am not losing it but there are 75 years of recollections in there which take longer to extract than someone who has only 30 or 40 years to remember. Never the less, (Less),(Dotti), I shall keep it in mind, as long as I can remember that is.
While appreciate what you are saying Taddy…..those years of watching old gardeners were valuable to you….you got hints, tips advice from those who had the life experience……they probably got it the hard way…by doing it wrong first.

I am sure that you are a mine of useful information about how to do things….how to grow things…..and how to solve problems.
So you sell yourself short….and memory about doin* things is different from remembering dates, or technical stuff.
So I think you would have a head start.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web