Old 17-11-2021, 13:41   #13
cashman
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: When is banter...just banter?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dotti34 View Post
When we came out here years ago if you were from England you were often tagged as being a Pommie Bast***. Can this be classed as racist, you could take it as so but I think it would depend on how it was used. As a matter-of-fact a birthday present for my husband from one of his mates was (and yes, I still have it) a stubby holder made of genuine leather and embossed with his initials and then the words Pi** Po* Pommie Bast***. It was well done and must have cost quite a lot. Did my husband take offence – no he thought it was hilarious, and when he drank from a stubby this is what he proudly used. His mate had gone to a lot of trouble having this made and embossed for him. Was this banter on the holder or was it racism? It was the former. It was a form of endearment, honestly!

I had a couple of instances when my Lancashire accent was mocked, I put this down to ignorance and rudeness. Lack of good manners. It was their problem not mine. I was above that. No worries, mate.
well summed up that Dotti, theres many pakistanis i know that use the word P, about each other round here,yet the idiot woke brigade have said its racist,scotch people are called jocks by many, welsh taffys, and so things go on, these pathetic sods never labelled those racist, thats how PATHETIC and STUPID these people are imho. the P word is just a short way of saying Pakistani.