View Single Post
Old 05-12-2021, 16:15   #28
Chimer
Senior Member+

Re: 2021/22 Prediction League; Game 20 v Fleetwood Town (home)

How Come Nobody Thought We'd Score Five?

Quote:
Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN View Post
Managerless and winless.............

The words 'disaster' and 'recipe' spring to mind.............

All that being said, Stanley 3-1 Fleetwood

Crying at full time walking down Whalley Road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Div3North View Post
23 for the win, plus a Tutu of Desmonds (Gerrit?)

Guarantees we’ll lose

Pretty much summed up my thinking before the game, I'm bound to say. It seemed inevitable that the Voodoo Gods would stick their oar in , and they clearly did , but on our side for once . And so it came to pass the 23 (24 by kick-off) got it right , and the two-thirds of them who thought we'd let one in also got it right, and thus a bonus point to boot.

Just two pointless drawmongers , Taypot, slipping from 2nd to 3rd, and Lord Stiffupperlip, crashing from 16th to 25th, and two missing in action, Ossy Kid down from 8th to 12th, and StanleyHouse with nowhere to go below 28th , unless Morecambe Red starts playing and winning a lot.

So for everybody else it was 3 or 4 points, thus no dramatic movements, just a bit of shuffling around. Ossy Kid's place at the top table was taken up by Choirboy, and Taypot's slip means Shurm now leads Cashman by 6 points at the top of the tree.

So roll on the Wombles on Tuesday evening. I just hope we didn't use up a month's worth of goals in the last 20 minutes on Saturday

On Stanley On!!
Attached Files
File Type: doc 211204 - 4 Dec 21.doc (74.5 KB, 8 views)