View Single Post
Old 16-12-2021, 11:58   #7
Margaret Pilkington
Beacon of light

Re: Global warming or Human selfishness

I do not subscribe to the theory of climate change as such.
It has become a new religion….and the scientists who tell us that we are to blame come to this decision because they use computer modelling…and Entwisi, you are probably better placed to educate us on this…but I was always told CICO…..when inputting data(and some of this is, I think, based on assumptions rather than evidence) Crap in=Crap out.
A number of years ago I think it was in Cambridge…it was one of the seats of learning anyway…it was found that scientists had falsified data…..it was a good way down the track before this was recognised.

What is most definitely true is that the world is overpopulated.
And while boffins work out how to make us ‘greener’…..what is needed is population control.
Now how you can effect this is a moot point.
War and pestilence usually make a fine fist of this, but it is and unhappy fist.

There have always been cyclical climate changes….as you have mentioned.
It is arrogant to conclude that we are responsible for this….some of it maybe, but it is not the whole picture.

Banning the use of fossil fuels is something that is proposed to help us make less of the gases that are said to heat up the planet….but then using electrical vehicles which are not eco friendly to make….and disposing of the batteries is going to be a problem too.
They need to be charged, their range is limited and where is the electric power to charge them coming from….don’t, please, don’t say wind power(unless you are citing the hot air from our lack lustre politicians).
This is the most inefficient way to generate sustainable energy.
We are an island surrounded by the movement of the tides….guaranteed always to be there….so why is that option not on the table….hydrogen power is also a cleaner source of power, but not without its hazards.

I believe the green aims are not achievable and will force many people into poverty….so this may cull a few of the folk on this earth.
Other than that (Gallic shrug) I am glad I am at the bum end of my life…because I do not like the look of where we are headed.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote