Thread: Fireworks
View Single Post
Old 20-12-2021, 16:59   #43
DaveinGermany
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!
Re: Fireworks

Just a little side note here folks, the Germans & lots of European countries tend to celebrate New Years with a major blow out & lots of fireworks. This year in Germany the Govt & the Lander have decided there is to be a ban on the sale of said items so as not to overload the health system with additional injuries clogging up the Ozzys on top of the covid carry on (and to also reduce pollution levels).

If folk have some lying around from a previous year they can fire them off, but the shops will not be selling them, this is now being challenged by the firms in Germany who make fireworks because such an action will be losing them a vast amount of their yearly turnover. Furthermore, it will mean folk sneaking over borders to buy legal & illegal products from neighbouring countries.

Seems that politicoes, regardless of their nationality or leanings really don't do joined up thinking & the assessment of cause & reaction.