View Single Post
Old 28-12-2021, 22:31   #29
Chimer
Senior Member+

Re: 2021/22 Prediction League; Game 24 v Rotherham United (home)

Cashy and Stanley Turn The Tables

There are fine lines between realism , keeping the faith , blind faith and cock-eyed optimism and anyone who thought we'd end the Millers 21 gun unbeaten run probably crossed all of them - and of course reaped their rewards accordingly .

Keeping the faith meant not betting on us losing, blind faith probably saw us sneaking a 1-0 win and cock-eyed optimism thought we'd score more than one. Not sure about 5, my old LongLostSon. And blind faith provided maxis for Cashman, taking the top spot from realist Shurm as a reward; Mike A, staying 3rd but closing up on said realist; and Kiwi John, continuing his recent surge up the table with a leap from 13th to 8th.

Nobody else got more than the basic 3 . Enough for LongLost to move from 7th to 5th, Choirboy from 10th to 9th, Stevie R 15th to 11=, Mab 17th to 13th, DaveinGermany 21st to 18th and Lord Stiffy and Watchdog from 24th/25th to 20th/21st.

Almost everybody else (but neither of your organisers ) got a BP for Stanley 1, with the usual resultant shuffling about. KJ's rise to the top table came at the expense of the pointless AccyTom18.

So .... that's made a right mess of my "Table Doesn't Lie" table by putting a green line right at the top where you'd expect a red, but do I care? Not a lot ...... roll on the Shrews, and here's hoping they don't add a red or yellow line down at the bottom. 5 wins out of 6 ? Why not?

On Stanley On!!
Attached Files
File Type: doc 211226 - 26 Dec 21.doc (75.0 KB, 8 views)
File Type: doc The Table Doesn't Lie.doc (41.5 KB, 6 views)