Thread: Dons game
View Single Post
Old 08-01-2022, 18:24   #44
choirboy
Senior Member+

Re: Dons game

A game of ‘Three thirds today.
(Yes Thirds not Tu**s!)
First third was even, with Stanley making the brighter start and getting a great headed goal by Colby.
M K Dons got back level though for 1-1.
The sending off totally changed the match though. I was ball watching and didn’t see the actual contact but Joe and others around me said that Coyle’s foot was high with his studs showing so no complaints.

As Coley said in his post match interview, M K Dons like to play a possession game and the match stats certainly backed that up!
The half time substitutions worked well for us and our back four four were very resolute in maintaining their formation and in clearing their lines. The midfield line of five too worked well and forced The Dons out wide most of the time. Bishop, McConville and Hamilton in particular did a lot of running without the ball and were very effective in keeping our opponents at bay. I did feel that we could have brought on Malcolm, perhaps for Sean, for the last fifteen minutes. He would have brought fresh legs and the unlikely but possible opportunity for a ‘break out’ goal to take the victory.
The Stanley Ultras were great again today, particularly in the second half where they did their best to be the ‘Eleventh Man’.
A hard earned point in the end.
ON STANLEY ON.
KERP THE FAITH.

Last edited by choirboy; 08-01-2022 at 18:33.
choirboy is online now   Reply With Quote