View Single Post
Old 29-01-2022, 12:10   #51
Taddys daughter

Re: When is banter...just banter?

"What is wrong with young men and women today….that they cannot stand up for themselves?
Call out those who they feel have overstepped the mark.
They wait until some years have elapsed and then make allegations.
Grow a pair lad….don’t you think that us pale skinned folks have not been called names?"

As one of the pale skins I have had occasions where I have "grown a pair" at times... it escalated the situation leading me to live on the streets. Abuse can be overt but the more subtle 'banter' and throwaway remarks are far more pervasive, and damaging.

In my current work I have dealt with death threats,with management telling me to deal on my own.

In the past I've dealt with the passive aggressive banter,the subtle remarks. I've also had excrement shoved through my letter box, been bullied at work to the point I ended up living on the streets,been whipped with a metal rope whilst a teenager, not to mention dealing with domestic abuse leading to the loss of children...in all these times I asked for help and was rejected....

Just because people have had to put up with c**p doesn't mean they should carry on...people don't have to put up with a lot they had to before...

Whilst I agree the 'woke brigade' can go too far and racism etc are convenient labels to use, that's no reason to throw the baby out with the bath water...
Taddys daughter is offline   Reply With Quote