Thread: Local elections
View Single Post
Old 14-04-2022, 22:40   #1
Guinness

Texas Holdem Poker Champion!
Local elections

It never ceases to amaze me that people vote for/against local politicians based on the policies or personalities of national elections.

There is no doubt that our PM has got it wrong numerous times, for example with partygate, with the £350 million NHS slogan, with trusting his right hand man but he’s got it right with Ukraine, right with dealing with Merkel, Macron and Van der Leyden, right with Covid and currently trying to get it right with the criminal gangs working between Calais and the south coast.

There are also quite a few numpties on the conservative benches…but then again there are the equivalent number of numpties on the other side and also in the middle.

But with regard to our local council elections……

I’ve yet to see one single post on social media from ANY local Labour politician telling me what they intend to do for my area,

NOT A SINGLE ONE!.

I have seen numerous posts from our ex MP claiming to be ‘on the knock’ and that people are angry at Boris etc.. but without a SINGLE mention of what his party are offering to the local electorate.

NOT ONE SINGLE POST!! NOT ONE SINGLE PROPOSITION THAT WOULD BENEFIT HYNDBURN!!!

I’m seeing the local Labour party in total disarray, with allegations of bullying, threats of libel against anyone who speaks out, alleged attempts at rigging by offering independents high profile positions, mass resignations of long standing Labour councillors, concerns about planning, bankrupt labour councillors, retired labour councillors dragged out of said retirement standing in other wards to make the numbers up for the Putinesque power grab.

Oswaldtwistle cemetery, Huncoat garden village, Highams , King Georges , Town Centre, Market Hall, Redcap, Amazing Accrington, SDA etc..etc..

But yeah…Boris went to a party so vote for your clueless puppet councillor and sod Hyndburn!