Thread: The n.h.s.
View Single Post
Old 15-04-2022, 10:22   #20
Margaret Pilkington
Beacon of light

Re: The n.h.s.

Also the money is spent in the wrong places.
Advertising for a Diversity Director at some silly per Annum salary is ludicrous.

As for the health care assistants taking on the duties of nurses….maybe that is because nurses have taken on many of the roles that used to be the domain of junior doctors.
They were bamboozled into doing these thinking that it was a good career move….but while nurses are re-siting IV lines and doing other roles….who is doing the actual caring for patients….? Well of course the health care assistants also want a slice of feeling their job is more interesting, more important than just feeding or toileting patients, making beds…the menial boring stuff (but just as important to good care).

As for paying for treatment for anything…to me that is not on. We have paid into the system via our contributions. How long would it be until someone told an obese patient that they would have to pay for treatment because their obesity was ‘self inflicted’
It adds in another layer of administration….there are enough of those already.

Also the NHS is very bad at collecting money from people who should have no access to treatment because they are health tourists(I know that over the last couple of years these probably fell back to zero)….I have seen people visiting relatives here….have surgery and treatment that they should have been billed for but were not.

Yes, the NHS does need root and branch changes…..but these need to be considered and implemented so that improvement for service user is assured.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote