Thread: The n.h.s.
View Single Post
Old 18-04-2022, 09:35   #34
Margaret Pilkington
Beacon of light

Re: The n.h.s.

Guinness you talk about care being hammered…..and yes you are right. It has been hammered and the rules about vaccinations were flawed…..seriously so!

How can it be that these carers were dumped in the way that they were for exercising a personal choice…..especially as this jab has proved not to be the protection that a true vaccine should be….but hey that is for another different discussion.

Maybe this is because those with Special care needs are seen as less valued….however wrong that is.

As for the vocation of care workers being rubbished….not from me it isn’t.
I know full well how hard care staff work and for what I consider to be poor pay(if you doubled it, it still would fall short).
Maybe that is because the care homes are businesses and have to make a profit.
There is also a big difference in the kind of care in these facilities…..yes I know some of them have residents with complex needs….but I feel sure these are looked after by trained nurses who are fortunate enough to have a recognised pay scale( this eats into the profits of the business making it even less likely that other carers get what they are worth).

When you look at the fees for residential care, they are more than you would pay for a five star hotel.
And I know that is perhaps a bad analogy, but it is hard to see the value for some people.

I hope I am never in the position to need care in one of these places…..and that is not because they are all bad….but some of the are not home and they are not caring about it either.
That is just my opinion from observation of some of these places.

Last edited by Margaret Pilkington; 18-04-2022 at 09:39.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote