Thread: Local elections
View Single Post
Old 22-04-2022, 23:35   #12
Guinness

Texas Holdem Poker Champion!
Re: Local elections

Quote:
Originally Posted by taddy View Post
I stopped voting Labour and when Butcher Blair and Commie Corben took the party to new lows I have no intention of ever putting my cross on an election paper for anyone who ever says that they stand/crouch/sit or lie, for the Labour, AKA, communist thinking party ever again. (Rant Over, Time to calm down with a couple or three pints of Hobgoblin.
Nail on the head my friend.. what these current buffoons fail to realise is that old gits like us, working class, former card carrying members were sold down the river, ignored and finally looked down upon by our previous MP who thought his opinion trumped his constituents and we will never put the old 'kiss' next to whatever mish mash of halfwits are proposed as candidates again.

Locally they seem to be in a nasty internal war about who should be nominated for the next candidate for MP. Sheesh! I wish I was a rocket scientist then I would be able to work out who was pulling the strings here and attempting to load the bases.

Nationally Labour are led by someone who is 'greyer' than John Major ever was, who, despite being a lawyer, is unable to define 'woman' out of fear of the wokes, Rayner (tory scum comment), Abbot (math genius), Cooper (property magnate) and who can forget Emily Thornberry who sneeringly tweeted a picture of a white van outside a house with England flags displayed ..when he was simply a working man supporting England during the Euros....and they are all millionaires....but yeah they have their finger on the pulse of the needs of their consituents, especially Thornberry, who is still stealing a living as an MP!

Politics aside there was a time when a local councillor actually lived in the area that they represented....the Springhill candidate lives in Baxenden, both candidates for Huncoat need a telescope and a satnav to even find the area, one guy up for Rishton lives in Clitheroe and two people from Blackburn are looking for a seat in Hyndburn....is there any wonder why there is apathy and less than 50% can be bothered?