View Single Post
Old 03-05-2022, 07:39   #30
choirboy
Senior Member+

Re: Retained list 2022.

I hope that we can get some of our remaining players signed up, such as, Colby Bishop, Ross Sykes and Matt Butcher but as StanleyJosh and others have suggested there is likely to be competition from other clubs for their services. Also I would like to see some of our younger players with real potential offered contracts or extensions. Emerich Poilly, who I rate very highly, for example signed a two and a half year professional contract in January this year. So he is contracted until summer 2024. Other youngsters I rate highly are goalkeepers Isherwood and Hood, also Pickles, Wood, Trickett and Adekoya. Some of these youngsters have I think, been training with the first team squad this season.
If we do lose Butcher but we can keep Bishop, and Sykes and we sign up some of these youngsters I believe that we only need a few newcomers in order to build a really strong squad. Of course I think we are all in agreement that the players that we do bring to the club need to be in key positions. Perhaps one or two needed in each of these key positions; goalkeeper, left back and centre forward.
Coley has already started the hunt!
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote