View Single Post
Old 03-07-2022, 01:07   #5
Guinness

Texas Holdem Poker Champion!
Re: I miss the permissive society

Case in point... The Halifax putting personal pronouns on name badges to ensure that equality, diversity and inclusion are honoured.

In my opinion this is 100% virtue signalling.... I can't recall ever being in a bank in my life where I have ever needed to use a personal pronoun other than 'you' or 'I'....can 'you' cash this please?, thank 'you', I'd like a loan etc..

This is a bank that had to be bailed out by taxpayers (i.e ME!) who are now saying that if you dont like it bank elsewhere. Fortunately I don't bank with these muppets, if I did I would have taken their advice.

Earlier this week the papers had mobile phone footage of a female copper struggling to hold down a suspect whilst being assaulted by his teenage girlfriend...male cop comes in hard and pretty much slams the assaulting teenage girl to the ground and away from his struggling colleague....he's now suspended pending investigation..

Idiots stick themselves to goalposts, works of art and motorway slip roads. You try to move them, the courts give you a harsher punishment than they get...not okay to run on the pitch in celebration but ok to tie yourself to a goalpost..not ok to touch the art exhibits unless you are gluing yourself to them

*sigh* life was so much simpler when the biggest story of the day was Mary Whitehouse moaning about seeing a side nipple on BBC Play for Today and Life of Brian was considered the work of the antichrist