View Single Post
Old 08-07-2022, 22:22   #11
Guinness

Texas Holdem Poker Champion!
Re: Terrific Week Says Boris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
I despair…even our own MP has been one of those who deserted.
I did not vote Tory…I lent my vote to the Tory party to 1) ensure that GJ would be unseated….and 2) that BJ would be the PM.
To be fair to Sara Britcliffe, she has raised the issues of Hyndburn in parliament on numerous occasions, even got a sitting Prime Minister to come and have a look for himself (not too shoddy for an extremely junior MP), which is something that Jones could only dream of doing, he was far more interested in travelling to South America and the Middle East under the 'fact finding' banner, don't forget he even sent out a document where he stated that he represented the people of xxxx. If I recall correctly Jones also resigned from a post when he supported the ill fated Owen Jones coup, which as we all know failed miserably.

Totally agree that BJ has been royally shafted, in my opinion by his naivety, a woke national broadcaster afraid of losing its funding, and a vociferous minority on social media. (Incidentally social media is so overrated as a straw poll of national feeling..for the last couple of days comments about Love Island have by far overshadowed the number of comments about the resignation..yet still the mainstream muppets highlight social media as evidence of the public thoughts).

He did good stuff like the vaccine program, lifting lockdown, supporting Ukraine but outweighed I'm afraid by poor choices in cabinet members and advisers...if you are caught with your hand in the biscuit tin you step up to the plate and say I fancied something sweet, you don't say I thought it was the salad bar.

His credibility is gone...Sara Britcliffe was right to quit