View Single Post
Old 05-08-2022, 05:40   #5
dotti34

Re: Spider, Spider, On The Wall...

This should probably be in the blog section but as, in my opinion at least, it’s a step up from a spider in the bathroom I thought I’d include it here.

Had a different sort of visitor late the other night. I was fast asleep when there was a huge clatter from the fireplace, woke me up good and proper. It sounded like the chimney was falling in, that was until I saw an animal in the room. Looked like an overgrown rat – bigger even than a cat, but when I saw the bushy tail I realised that a possum had fallen down the chimney. I do not want any ‘oohs’ and ‘aahs’ because although possums have been written up as lovely little creatures in children’s books, they are pests. They carry disease, they scratch and bite, they can be vicious, and they leave deposits everywhere.

I chased it with a broom and it went into the bathroom, so I promptly closed the door on it. After a sleepless night, me that is - not the possum, followed by a friend’s unsuccessful attempt to get it out and a number of phone calls, a man came to remove it at 5 o’clock the next day. Thankfully my loo is not in the bathroom. otherwise I would have been up the proverbial creek without a paddle. Originally having climbed behind some pipes under the sink, it was now asleep on a towel it had pulled from the rack. The man wore overalls, goggles, a hat – don’t know what that was for, a mask, and some very long strong gloves.

The possum was uncooperative, and by the time it had been sent on its way outside, the bathroom looked like a battle had been fought in there. Definitely a lot of deposits on the floor, so a thorough cleaning had to take place, being extremely careful because it’s mainly the faeces that carry disease. The man was breathing heavy, had broken a spin mop that doesn’t spin anymore, and used three bath towels.

As I have already had a bird down the chimney and now a possum I’m getting it blocked up. Father Christmas will have to find another way down. Oh! the joys of living in Australia….and Less, I’d rather have your spider any day, with or without a web cam.

Last edited by dotti34; 05-08-2022 at 05:46.
dotti34 is offline   Reply With Quote