View Single Post
Old 25-09-2022, 07:25   #2
Margaret Pilkington
Beacon of light

Re: Past my sell by date

I have a husband who is what Arthur Scargill is to Opera singing when it comes to technology.
He was complaining that there was ‘bu88er all’ to watch (how can that be when there are endless channels) on TV.
So I thought I would get him an Amazon Fire stick.
It was a nice thought, but he cannot use it.
Firstly, the source has to be changed using the remote control for the TV….he has no clue how to do this (even after being shown more times than enough).
He cannot navigate the options if I set up the device for him…I get fed up of hearing my name shouted and the question ‘how do I get out of this bl**dy thing?

Our TV is at least ten years old and he keeps hankering after something newer…..except I know this would mean I would soon be at my wits end with trying to teach him the controls.

He is a technophobe of the first order…..a bit on the style of Taddy(this is from how Taddy describes himself, so please do not think I am disparaging Taddy)

He has had an iPad for five years….just to look at stuff on EBay…..and still cannot master that either…he frequently tells me it is ‘running slow’….he has 17 tabs open.

Yes please…bring back Relay Vision….a set with an on/off switch and just four channels!
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote