View Single Post
Old 28-10-2022, 22:30   #5
Guinness

Texas Holdem Poker Champion!
Re: SUNAK bans fracking

I agree with Sunak.

I've a mate in Blackpool who lives near the Cuadrilla site, he told me that he felt a couple of quakes back in the day when they were exploring. I did a bit of research back then and although the quakes were negligible from the exploratory drill, my main concern was the risk of toxicity to the water table if it was allowed to continue.

We have access to tidal, solar, and wind power....this along with battery storage is where the research should be focused. Meanwhile we can build a couple of nuclear power plants to tide us over..(we turned London into an Olympic village in 7 years between winning the bid and hosting the opening ceremony....anyone care to explain why we cant build a couple of Nuclear plants to power the country in the same time frame)

Twenty or so years ago I visited Dinorwig in Wales, given the advances in battery storage, if we'd had the foresight to build more of these hydroelectric plants we'd be quids in now....

...then again you could use a high pressure hosepipe to move underground rocks to get at pockets of gas, notwithstanding that these rocks may be the supporting walls of Ullswater or Windermere.