View Single Post
Old 29-10-2022, 07:01   #6
Margaret Pilkington
Beacon of light

Re: SUNAK bans fracking

The tidal energy would be safe, plentiful and sure….it would not be a blot on the landscape like those vast wind turbines that have a short life span and no way of disposing or recycling them.
I have bern going over to Blackpool a lot recently…I have seen new housing developments taking shape.
How many of them are built with photovoltaic panels(these can convert any light into energy)?
None!! Not a single one. Why would be the question….and I can only think the answer is that it may add to the cost of the build….but this would be recouped by the energy savings of generating your own power…with perhaps some to spare.

Why isn’t the government promoting these panels for existing houses?

There has been a hoo-ha about insulating houses….and yes insulation is important, but when you insulate a house so that it is warmer than the outside environment you get condensation, damp and mould.
My daughter had never had any real issues with damp and mould until she had cavity wall insulation.
She thought she was doing the right thing by upgrading her insulation, but it has created more problems for her.
Insulation is important , but so is ventilation in a climate like ours.

I have never been in favour of Fracking because of the risks to the water table.
Energy has to be safe….and I think that Fracking is dangerous for the environment.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote