View Single Post
Old 16-12-2022, 22:52   #9
Guinness

Texas Holdem Poker Champion!
Re: Is nothing happening in the world right now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
And still the circus rolls on….the media are tripping over themselves to cover this couple and their self righteous indignation.

This is the couple who departed the RF because they wanted ‘private lives’.
Lives that were not invaded by cameras and the media, yet they seem to either have a pet camera person at their beck and call to record intensely private moments.
The mainstream media hasn’t reflected the man on the street for donkeys years..almost nobody buys or has a paper delivered anymore, paper shops have all but disappeared…the internet posts current events almost instantaneously….traditional media is on constant catch up and needs to rely on scandal, tittle tattle and ‘he said, she said’ stories to attract advertisers, and is read, commented and endlessly repeated on twitter by the mindless minority.

Unfortunately in these days of reality TV giving recognition to people who have the intelligence of a peapod it was bound to be watched…by the rubber neckers who use their phones to record instead of intervening, those who vote on the jungle thing, Simon Cowells nonsense or celebrity choreography

I have Netflix, I haven’t and have no intention of watching I have shedloads of more interesting and escapist mind numbing stuff to watch.