View Single Post
Old 13-03-2005, 17:53   #16
WillowTheWhisp
Resident Waffler

Re: Sunday, Boody Sunday.

The only time I have ever worked Sundays was years ago when I worked in a bank BC (and no that wasn't before Christ, it was before computers! ) Every financial year end we had to balance all the customers' accounts, then add the interest and then balance them again. All this done by manual calculations by one person and then checked by another. We sat there multiplying, adding and muttering for hours on end.

It was business as usual during the normal hours of the week but for the staff we worked evenings, sometimes beyond 10pm and weekends. By the Sunday I was like a zombie on auto pilot so my only memories of working on a Sunday are of being very, very tired.

These days I'm probably busier on a Sunday than I am during the week in some ways because I teach a sunday school class of 10 - 12 year olds. The experience I have of that gives me great admiration for ordinary teachers because 2 hours of that lot once a week drives me round the bend! I end up totally mentally exhausted. And I don't get paid anything at all!!

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web