View Single Post
Old 30-04-2023, 12:45   #45
yonmon
Senior Member+

Re: Cambridge Unites Match Thread 29th April 2023

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewbacca View Post
I hope Hamilton is okay after being shot just before the first goal to leave Dunk free.

The turnstiles need fixing before next season, they were accepting the season cards/tickets but not moving sometimes. The girl behind the turnstile said you had to scan it again, which was rubbish as they won't accept another and when denied (as it clearly accepted the first and was told okay) was told to go to the ticket office and the queue of 100 people for them to tell us it had been used no doubt.

Then the scoreboard broke, and then the team.

The last time we got relegated in 1999 was a turning point with Coley coming in, that was 39 years since the previous one.

The 1999 relegation lead to an uphill rise, eventually getting into the conference (even that had seemed impossible) the League. The 1960 one put us into Division 4 but we soon went out of business. This time we are back in Division 4, with better facilities than 8 years ago and a new long term lease on the ground. I don't mind League 2, I was even excited when the NWC was formed 40+ years ago and we were in it, I just hope we stabilise next season and don't fall back into the abyss.

Having a football league is an asset to the town and borough, and support has grown over ten years since we got 1000 at home in the recent nadir, and hope it will continue.
Can't really level any criticism against any one player C... Presently, In the cold light of day the memory that stands out for me is how the Management Team and the entire squad totally capitulated without making any sort of serious effort whatsoever, proving to anyone watching that their best wasn't anywhere near good enough for League One.
Seems like 'The Stanley Spirit' was a concept which the Team psyche just couldn't embrace to provide the relegation fight so much needed yesterday !.
It saddens me to reach these conclusions which I am sure will be shared by.many fans on our Forum and elsewhere.!.
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote