View Single Post
Old 14-03-2005, 12:54   #88
pendy
Resting in peace

Re: TRUE CONFESSIONS ,,(and nothing but the truth).......

One I'm not ashamed of, but it is a great story! - Some years back, I was at an OU summer school at York University. The last night disco does occasionally (only occasionally for those who have a partner doing a course!!) to the odd spot of hanky panky. For some people, the realisation that they are grown up, away from home, and have a room of their own, does strange things ......

However, one couple got together at the disco and spent the night in his room. Unfortunately, her husband rang up at about 2 a.m. because one of their children had tonsillitis. The porter couldn't find her (obviously) and told the husband so. He loaded the children into the car and drove through the night from the West Country to York. He turned up at breakfast, found his wife, and instead of doing the sensible thing and telling him she had passed out in a female friend's room, she coughed the lot!

SO .... breakfast in the Refectory, in comes this chap bare-footed, in judo stance, asking for Colin P.... Fortunately Colin was not there. One of the tutors engaged him in conversation (with difficulty!) while some of us hared off to find Colin. Colin found, loaded in back of car with blanket over head, and driven off campus. Husband next seen haranguing the chambermaids, saying that he wanted the sheets as evidence!

We did think about having T-shirts printed for the following year - "I saved Colin P's life"......
pendy is offline   Reply With Quote