View Single Post
Old 18-05-2023, 08:04   #29
taddy

Re: Seaching for family members in Accrington

[QUOTE=Bob Dobson;1272542]I bring to your attention the Lancashire Family History (& Heraldry) Society aka LFHHS. There is an active Hyndbrn branch which meets in Harvey St, Ossie and holds help-desks in Ossie and Rishton libraries. The society's library and work-room is in The Straits Ossie and is open each Thursfay afternoon and monthloy on Saturdays See its website. I thinki it worth joining, even if for one year. It has anon-ine forum in which members raise queries and receive advice from others.
On thee website's home page is a turquoise block with the word SURNAMES on. Click onto and and dit will bring up a facility on which you can type in a surname such as Pilkington. It then brings up a alist of members who are intersted in that name and location. You can contact those membersand send your queries to them, via the society's secretary. Any responses come direct to you. When sosmeone jpoins the society, his/her name is published in the quarterly magazine along with their surname interests. It is read by all members either in print or digitally..
By chance, the LFHHS is holding its AGM and conference in Watson St, Ossie this coming Saturday I will be there.

Thanks for that Bob, I will keep it in mind.
taddy is offline   Reply With Quote