View Single Post
Old 01-10-2023, 10:29   #25
Crown Grounder

Re: Another home defeat? Stockport (Home) Thread

I saw a better performance from Stanley yesterday than at Tranmere the Saturday before. Still not good enough, but better. The positives, few but still positives included Ben Woods progression as holding midfield cover. He kept calm while those around him lost their heads many times. He played simple short passes to feet.....new keeper did well on his feet.....less so getting down to stop shots.......Andrews still playing alone upfront......our "attacking 3 midfielders" failed to get close enough to him to have an impact.

So what we need....... the spine of the team is weak.........our keepers are short of confidence, we should have stuck with McIntyre ( my call to bring in a loan was for the bench). Hill's is sound but needs a regular partnership, almost anyone will do but the weekly change is causing problems (enforced or not). Holding midfield is a problem when Seamus and Coyle are injured. Ben Woods will slot in eventually but he's work in progress and Tommy is a liability anywhere further back than attacking midfield. Coming back to Andrews......he needs a regular Partner playing upfront or just behind...and it's not Whalley, Longello or Pritchard........Nolan would be ideal, if only he was given a chance by the Manager. They need a run of games together, and I mean more than 6 or 7.

Well, that's me done until Forest Green at home........I will miss Morecambe away. Let's hope we improve in some departments before my next game.........Keep the Faith out there and keep supporting our team.
Crown Grounder is offline   Reply With Quote