View Single Post
Old 04-11-2023, 12:04   #7
Hill Walker

Re: The new Beatles Song

This 'new' song is quite interesting. I think that if I had just heard it without knowledge of its history I would have classed it as 'not one of their best' but that would have been somewhat unfair. This song has not gone through the normal iterative process that virtually all other songs have gone through. Its origin is in a 'demo' recording done on none-professional equipment, its analogus to the first draft of a document, something which can be circulated among the relavent people as 'hey guys what do you think'. Had normal processes been followed there would have been many changes both large and small before a proper studio recording had been produced. We need to remember how many weeks and in some cases months of studio time went into many of our favourites.

As it is its not a great song but it is a window into the past and it may serve to create an access into the archives of many past artists who's work is recorded only on poor material such as wax cylinders that traditional methods of filtering out noise and overcoming limited bandwith cannot cope with. Also the recovery of sound tracks on old films where current methods of recovering images far exceed the recovery methods for the audio.

In summery an interesting song in the state that many great songs probably drew their first breath of life.
Hill Walker is offline   Reply With Quote