View Single Post
Old 07-12-2023, 01:06   #15
skuta

Re: Artificial Intelligence

A.I.is computer systems that can perform tasks that typically require human intelligence. This includes learning, problem-solving, speech recognition, and decision-making.

A.I. can be categorised into narrow or weak A.I., designed for specific tasks, embedded electronic EEPROM or Flash Memory controlled systems? and general or strong A.I., which would have human-like cognitive abilities across a range of tasks. This is achieved by comparisons & logical? derivations from a growing online Dataset. Watch out, it doesn’t always return the correct answer, sometimes it’s irrelevant or just plain wrong. It can have problems with context too. Humans will need to supervise it until the tech expands to make it autonomous. Or if there’s no information it can use online it just fails.

Look at midrange for A.I. art from verbal cues. I’ve had a play with this online & it’s already pretty good & will improve exponentially over time. I did a few pieces & that was it.
I can’t pretend to be an expert on this or A.I. in general as is.

Rapid machine learning gives the advantage of speed & accuracy of repetitive tasks which lends itself well to a wide range of applications. Including tissue diagnostics & X-Ray Plates, detecting subtle, easily missed aberration's in Pulmonary, Brain & other areas of examination.

Imagine a robot controlled by A.I., it can perfectly repeat tasks & learn from & adapt to changes. 24/7, no holidays, no “sickies” or any other Human BS. The perfect employee. just routine maintenance & programming.

Yes, there will be many people released from their monotonous, low paid hum-drum unskilled jobs who can re-skill for a skilled, better paid future building & maintaining these systems.

There are vast opportunities with this technology, many of which have not been recognised. Or have even been invented yet.

The biggest risks as I see them are the very probable abuses by governments to surveil people & businesses to rip you off & pester folk with their new, intrusive, personalised marketing spam.
Banks will definitely try & rip people off if they ever update their archaic IT back end. It’s incredible how old the SWIFT settlement system is.

It’s not surprising Pensioners will be confused & suspicious. It’s something Government has assumed you will just have to learn to deal with. They think everyone has a computer & is online.
For some technically capable people this can be used as a great tool.

I used to access ChatGPT online through a Browser, now I quickly access it through their App on my iPad. I’m fiddling around with building a probably wildly popular application to enable 24/7 monitoring, Cash management, execution of entry & exit of Market Positions in different Markets & Timeframes. Imagine making money while you sleep.
There’s already loads of scam applications out there, I decided to build my own & keep it to myself. If something like this really existed & was released to Retail Traders it would cause huge Market distortions. Profitable volatility will disappear. The Software will quickly become worthless & pointless to use.

Of course, it’s nowhere near trustworthy. Sentiment expectations is its major weak point. It can’t think & view risk like Humans do. Coding Algorithms for this are…

This side project is a tiny example of what ordinary folk like you & me can do with this technology. Maybe one day it’ll save my life by spotting malignant Cancer Cells of a Tissue sample on a microscope slide that had been missed by tired Humans.

Fun fact: parts of this post were edited & pasted from ChatGPT.
skuta is offline   Reply With Quote