View Single Post
Old 25-02-2024, 09:40   #1
taddy

Question The state of our hospitals.

At the request of our Doctor, an ambulance picked my wife and Myself up at half past six last Friday evening, when we arrived at Blackburn A and E my wife was put in a wheelchair and I had to sit on the floor beside her for the next five hours; She was ultimately put on a trolley and moved along with more than a dozen others to "Corridor Care", (I kid you not), it is actually signed as such ! but at least they did give a plastic chair to sit on.
there were patient's in this (so called Corridor Care with Catheters in their arms connected to drips etc.
When I asked at the nurses station after waiting for more than twelve hours how long will it be before my wife sees a Doctor ? We have been waiting for over twelve hours, One young (smart----) male Medic said (Quote), twelve hours) is that all ? we have had patients waiting much longer than that.
My wife was finally seen by a Doctor and was allowed home with medication at eleven thirty on Saturday morning, i.e. (SEVENTEEN AND A HALF HOURS AFTER WE ARRIVED)
We keep hearing from successive Governments that our National Health Service is "The Envy Of The World", How Long Ago Was That Then.
taddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web