View Single Post
Old 18-03-2024, 14:44   #40
Restless
Senior Member+

Re: Artificial Intelligence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
Rob I do not read the kind of fiction that would be influenced by AI….tudor history doesn’t really feature AI.

I have had a phone call several times recently. It does not sound like a robotic voice.it sounds like a real person.
He is named variously Mark, Martin, Matthew and says he is working for an energy firm

and their team is fitting roof insulation in our area….(the voice is the same regardless of the name) he asks me what sort of roof insulation we have. In the past I told him the normal fibre glass…but after a few of these samey calls I decided I would say something ridiculous just to see if this was a real person.
So the last time when he asked that question I said ‘elephants’.
A totally daft answer that would have provoked a different response to the one I got, which was ‘oh OK…so would you like a free no obligation estimate from one of our team?’

Now I do not know if this was AI or some other kind of computer algorithm, but it definitely was not human.

And yes, you do recognise that AI can be used by the worst of humanity…but then a lot of those are in positions of power in huge organisations.

AI learns….and it maybe that we cannot accurately or efficiently regulate WHAT it learns.
Scamming and entrapment might be the least of our worries when considering AI
So I think I will retain my healthy level of suspicion.
Oh and I thought you read mills and boon [emoji14]

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk