View Single Post
Old 18-03-2005, 02:51   #60
Tina
Junior Member+

Re: Moorhead High School

I love this site! I remember the whole ordeal with Gary Robinson getting struck by lightening. I was the girlfriend of Allan Tootle at the time (who I believe was Gary's step brother. ) Ahhhh first love....I will never ever forget the moment Mr. Webb (religious studies) and Mr. Lowe (p.e.) came running in to the assembly hall where we were all clustered and made to sing to calm us until the storm had passed. They were drenched and literally sobbing. They had tried to save the boy and could not.

My favorite teachers were Mrs. Poole (commerce) and my art teacher who I only remember as Angela (anyone know her last name?)....she had brilliant red hair....and I remember her, because she really seemed to care about her students. Anyone remember Mr. Sutcliffe? He was either my chemistry or math teacher (getting old - memory fading)....he once lifted me off the ground by my hair for playing catch with a tennis ball in the hallway. Terrible temper ! Mr. White was my music teacher - pompous little man he was....I wanted to play the trumpet, and he informed me that girls do not play the trumpet, and gave me a french horn instead. That lasted two weeks or so. Music was the first subject I dropped, (right before physics) ....funnily enough I am a musician and writer now. Anyone remember the scandal spreading across the school that Mr. White was having an affair with a student....? Can't remember her last name but her first name was Karen.
Ms. Tomlinson caught me smoking with a group of boys and we all got sent to Mr. Mcaffry. The boys all got the cane. I got a letter sent home to my mother. I don't know which was worse.

Tina
Canada
Tina is offline   Reply With Quote