View Single Post
Old 22-03-2005, 17:49   #39
park381
Senior Member+

Re: Rhyddings park history ??

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda
Yeah just checked it's still on. Click on updated photos to get into main site. Park Lane photo on page showing photos 841-897. Sorry pages aren't numbered think its about page 10?
Ah, thank you I've found it, very interesting, the railings I think are on top of the existing park wall, all the houses on park lane had railings, but as with a lot more they were removed to help the war effort. What is interesting is what I think is a lighting column/post in the park, when we moved on the lane the street lighting was via short columns actually in the park, could have been the same ones. The photo is taken near the middle of the lane, wonder who lives in those houses now? Would have downloaded the photo, but Mike seems to have stopped the right click bit, don't blame him cause I think a lot of his photos have been copied.
It is sad that the park is no longer what it was, just think if the "hall" and the ornate gardens had been preserved, but that was not to be. All I see is the lass that works in the park picking up all the empty cans, bottles and litter each morning.
HBC did apply for a lottery grant in 1996 to try to restore the park, but nothing came of it.

Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.
Albert Einstein.

park381 is offline   Reply With Quote