View Single Post
Old 25-03-2005, 13:48   #15
Acrylic-bob
God Member

Re: back to the TORY accy?

Is it wrong to comment on the failings of authority? Should I meekly mind my own business and be merely grateful for whatever crumbs they are gracious enough to cast my way? I don't think so!

When HBC eventually get something right, I am as even handed with my praise as I am with my expression of contempt.

Yes, in an ideal world everyone would agree with everyone else, there would never be anything wrong, all the bills would be paid on time and there would be nothing to worry about - except the growing number of people slowly going out of their minds with the mindnumbing boredom of it all.

Politics is not like business - I know, I run my own business. If I ran my business in the same way that Britcliffe and his pals run HBC then I very soon wouldn't have one. The problems come when politics is allowed to intrude in to business. I have seen too much of "Office Politics" and the damage it can do, to have any regard for business theorists or the sheep they manage to persuade to follow them. In my world, my employees do what I ask them to do, when I ask them to do it. It matters not one jot whether they fondly imagine themselves to be members of a team or not. They can pretend to be a troupe of Hungarian tap dancers for all I care, so long as they get the job done.