View Single Post
Old 27-03-2005, 23:45   #42
slinky
God Member

Re: Close Encounters of the ghostly kind?

Fantastic story doug.............well if I can call it a story (real story I mean).

I have lots and lots of books about Wicca and have tarrot cards!! Yes I do believe in these things and tinks will tell you i am some what a WEIRDO!!

Back in 1996 me and my now husband (and the time only courting) had just visited some friends. I was only 15 and hubby 18.
I had been doing buisness studies at school and we had been learning all about Insurance policies and proceedures. Anyway we were thraveling down Belfield road which is quite steep and I said to my Hubby ''do you know, that house at the bottom of this street has a higher insurance grade than any other house on this street''.
He said no, I then went on to tell him what I had learned ' because the house is at the bottom of the very big dip, if your breaks were to fail you would go straight into that house'.
Nothing else was mentioned after that.

4 weeks later my hubby had a very bad accident where he was traveling down the same street that I had said it on and, he went straight into the house I had said had higher insurance. The very weird thing was that it's because his breaks had failed, something about (servo breaks) not sure of the spelling sorry, and the electrics had died which meant he had no breaks. And a lady crashed into the side of him. Thepolice were there in minutes, followed by the paramedics. Hubby had already got out of the car and was sat on the wall in shock............... he heard the police say to the womn driver ''are you ok?? she answered yes, then two officers said ''lets go and look at the driver, but it does'nt look good'' they thought he was dead inside the car.

Hubby got away with no injuries, so did the lady driver. But at the time my hubby was a builder and had a spade in the back of the car and it had narrowly missed the back of his head. The police actually said '' We can't believe you made it out alive''. The story was in accrington observer at the time.

Miracles do happen!!

Last edited by slinky; 27-03-2005 at 23:48.
slinky is offline   Reply With Quote