Old 28-03-2005, 19:57   #66
Gayle
God Member

Re: On Behalf of Gayle Night

Quote:
Originally Posted by park381
Gayle

1.how would this work of art be best viewed
2. will there be any provision for the disabled (DDA) to gain access to this work of art.

Two basic questions to start things off.
Reply to Park381

The art can be viewed in a number of ways. One, from within it. One of the points of a Panopticon is to provide a viewing point so that you can look out at the views of the town, so you have to get into it. Secondly, it can be viewed from the hill which over looks it, I think it's called Hambledon Hill. Lastly, from the air - I realise this is not going to be the most frequently used method but pictures of it from the air will be quite spectacular.

On the subject of disabled access. In addition to the answer in an earlier question - in Rossendale where they will be having the Halo, they have looked at widening some roads to allow disabled owners to drive their cars a little further up the hill than is currently possible and are providing a disabled car park. I don't know if that's a possibility for the Coppice but it will be investigated as one aim is to make it as accessible as possible to as many people as possible.
Gayle is offline   Reply With Quote